Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- The new Short Film Prize in Digital Creativity, established by the Cultural Institute, is encouraging student filmmakers to showcase some of its ground-breaking research into creativity.
- A technology developed in the School of Design has recently been shortlisted for "Best Product - Clothing Textiles".
- MA student won a scholarship for her newly established vintage fashion and lifestyle company.
- The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures at Leeds has been ranked 60th in the world by the QS World Rankings by Subject 2017.
- Knit:Design:Research challenges the boundaries conventionally associated with knitting both as a technique and a product.
- Features 40 katagami, including stencils lent by the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture (MoDa).
- At the end of their second year, Art and Design students exhibit their work as part of an ‘Art Trail’ that takes place throughout the School of Design.
- Lecturer Deborah Gardner will be exhibiting her work Interweave at Bradford Industrial Museum from 10th May, as part of the Yorkshire Year of Textiles programme.