Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Huang is one of 15 undergraduate students at the University of Leeds selected to travel to New York this week.
- We are currently seeking to appoint a qualified applicant for the full-time PhD studentship investigating pigment-additive interactions in synthetic emulsion materials.
- We are thrilled to announce that BA (Hons) Art and Design graduate Olivia Miller has won a Sustainability Award 2017.
- We are delighted to announce that four Fashion students have been shortlisted for Graduate Fashion Week 2017 Awards.
- Features 40 katagami, including stencils lent by the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture (MoDa).
- Lecturer Deborah Gardner will be exhibiting her work Interweave at Bradford Industrial Museum from 10th May, as part of the Yorkshire Year of Textiles programme.
- This exhibition will explore the range of traditional printmaking techniques available in the School of Design print room.
- This exhibition showcases the collaborative practices of Judith Tucker, Harriet Tarlo, Linda Ingham and David Power.