Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Art and Design graduates Miranda Jones and Lucy Davidson have been selected as finalists for FUAM Graduate Art Prize 2017 at University of Leeds.
- Work by artist Dr Judith Tucker, senior lecturer in the School of Design, has been selected for Contemporary Masters from Britain, a major survey show in China.
- New research suggests that the use of controversial fluorochemicals in the manufacture of waterproof jackets may be unnecessary.
- We are delighted to announce Design for Social Impact, a new School of Design project in partnership with mHabitat and Mannheim University of Applied Sciences (MUAS) in Germany.
- Features 40 katagami, including stencils lent by the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture (MoDa).
- Lecturer Deborah Gardner will be exhibiting her work Interweave at Bradford Industrial Museum from 10th May, as part of the Yorkshire Year of Textiles programme.
- An exhibition of collaborative artworks around place, landscape and environment. Part of Cross, Multi, Inter, Trans – ASLE-UKI Conference 2017.
- This exhibition will explore the range of traditional printmaking techniques available in the School of Design print room.