Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- The University of Leeds hosted its first Student Conference on Sustainable Futures 2017 on Friday 3rd February 2017.
- The School of Design will host the first “Make Your Future” event as part of an initiative introduced by the Crafts Council UK.
- Emily Conroy, recent Textile Design graduate, is currently among exhibitors showcasing their work at Cartwright Hall, Bradford.
- In our second installment of career advice from a creative, we speak to Alec Dudson on this topic of internships.
- This exhibition is the result of an exciting collaboration between the School of Design’s Yorkshire Fashion Archive (YFA) and the Woolmark Company.
- A day of employment advice with industry panels, workshops and networking for final year students.
- Małgorzata Dobrzyniecka - Kojder and Magdalena Kacperska from the Academy of Fine Arts, Lodz, Poland showcase their work exploring a visual method of conveying the principles governing painterly composition.
- At the end of their second year, Art and Design students exhibit their work as part of an ‘Art Trail’ that takes place throughout the School of Design.