Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- MA student won a scholarship for her newly established vintage fashion and lifestyle company.
- The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures at Leeds has been ranked 60th in the world by the QS World Rankings by Subject 2017.
- The University of Leeds hosted its first Student Conference on Sustainable Futures 2017 on Friday 3rd February 2017.
- The School of Design will host the first “Make Your Future” event as part of an initiative introduced by the Crafts Council UK.
- Knit:Design:Research challenges the boundaries conventionally associated with knitting both as a technique and a product.
- At the end of their second year, Art and Design students exhibit their work as part of an ‘Art Trail’ that takes place throughout the School of Design.
- This exhibition will explore the range of traditional printmaking techniques available in the School of Design print room.