Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Through our research and education we identify need, propose effective solutions and develop creative potential to benefit our society and economy. We achieve this by uniting creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise to realise ideas that have impact, exert influence and generate commercial and cultural opportunities to improve the quality of life.
- Emma Hamilton-Foster, Environmental Sustainability Manager for Primark has been added to the bill of speakers presenting at the Emperor’s New Clothes Conference 2016.
- An exciting opportunity has arisen for an outstanding Home/EU graduate to receive a Hill US Foundation Scholarship to undertake a PhD at the School of Design.
- Former Graphic and Communication Design students, take up prestigious residency with House of Illustration, as their collective, Nous Vous, are awarded Illustrator in Residence 2016.
- Graduating Art & Design students named as finalists in the FUAM Graduate Art Prize.
- Textile Design exhibit "Colour and pattern expressions" in the Foyer Gallery, Clothworkers Building Central
- An annual conference bringing together the fashion and textiles community to discuss the multifaceted challenge of sustainability.
- One of the best ways to get a feel for our campus is by coming to one of our open days.
- Comprising of sculptures, photographs, film, and other documentation. The work responds to aspects of places in Malta, a small island in the Mediterranean Sea.