Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Through our research and education we identify need, propose effective solutions and develop creative potential to benefit our society and economy. We achieve this by uniting creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise to realise ideas that have impact, exert influence and generate commercial and cultural opportunities to improve the quality of life.
- Second year Graphic and Communications Design student, Pippa Allen, has taken home a Wood Pencil from the D&AD New Blood Competition for her campaign to raise awareness of the gender pay gap.
- As the iconic London underground typeface, Johnston celebrates it's centenary year, Dr. Paul Wilson shares with The Conversation how London's most famous lettering came to be.
- Harriet Bourne has been profiled by Exposed Designers, named as their featured designer of the month after being spotted at New Designers.
- Congratulations to PhD student Lauren Ford, who won first prize in the International Textile Summit and Postgraduate Students Conference in Hong Kong.
- An annual conference bringing together the fashion and textiles community to discuss the multifaceted challenge of sustainability.
- One of the best ways to get a feel for our campus is by coming to one of our open days.
- Yorkshire Fashion Archive has teamed up with ULITA to look behind the scenes of the synthetics revolution with the aim of bringing the story of man-made fibres and how we interact with them to life.
- Filippa Dobson's final PhD exhibition, hosted within School of Design, Clothworkers Central.