Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Graduate Award in Printmaking residency artists host special exhibition.
- A new multi-million pound research project to boost creative innovation in the fashion industry is being led by the School of Design.
- This exhibition by Paul Wilson, Lecturer in Communication Design, presents a selection of critically-informed practice-led typographic research which explores the material traces of linguistic invention as a means to examine the disruptive and transformative possibilities of translation as a distinct ‘designerly’ activity.
- Staff and students from the School of Design are invited to hear award-winning fashion designer and Leeds alumnus Patrick Grant.
- Join researcher and designer Bintan Titisari for a hands-on workshop introducing art of Indonesian stitch resist dyeing.
- The open day is a great way to find out about the range of research opportunities the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures has to offer.