Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- We caught up with Dr Sheedy to find out more about Design Future Society, an 18-month MA programme leading to a joint award with Mannheim University of Applied Sciences.
- Tian Tian, PhD student at the School of Design has been awarded the Design Research Society Student Research Bursary.
- Faye Hindle, Garment Technician, BA Fashion Technology Tutor and womenswear designer has won Best Designer and Overall Entrepreneur at Fashion Fiesta 2017 awards.
- We are currently seeking to appoint a qualified applicant for the full-time PhD studentship investigating pigment-additive interactions in synthetic emulsion materials.
- Features 40 katagami, including stencils lent by the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture (MoDa).
- Irresistible Distance explores artist Hondartza Fraga’s fascination with remote landscapes and our attempts to capture them.
- Researcher and practitioner Mamiko Markham presents a talk exploring the symbolism of the motifs used in katagami stencil design and the methods used to make them.