Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Students on our Masters in Design course have been selected for internships at Sky
- Students from Leeds University's School of Design successfully ran an event to celebrate Chinese culture and to encourage collaboration between students in subject areas across the School.
- A year-long programme of investment worth £4.4 million has culminated in a day of celebration, as our School welcomes leading industrialists from the textile and design sectors and University of Leeds alumni.
- BA Fashion design students' work will be on display at the Corn Exchange from 28th April - 6th May.
- Focusing on textiles from West Africa, the Indian subcontinent, Japan and Indonesia, this exhibition investigates principal resist-dyeing techniques, including batik, ikat, resist block printing, stencils, tie-dye and stitched resists.
- School of Design hosts The 91st Textile Institute World Conference from 23 to 26 July 2018.