Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- A new temporary exhibition exploring the life and work of Mary Barker, the first woman to be accepted into the textile industries course at the University of Leeds.
- Joe Gilmore’s book design for Daphne Oram: An Individual Note of Music, Sound and Electronics, by Anomie Academic has been highly commended at the British Book Design and Production Awards 2017.
- We are delighted to announce that our MA Design programme has achieved 100% in overall student satisfaction in the Postgraduate Taught (PGT) Programme Survey 2017.
- We caught up with Dr Sheedy to find out more about Design Future Society, an 18-month MA programme leading to a joint award with Mannheim University of Applied Sciences.
- An exhibition celebrating work from the final year BA Fashion Design and the MA Fashion Enterprise and Society programmes.
- Anamnesis features a collection of artwork by Art and Design students and recent alumni surrounding the theme of memory and loss of memory.