Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- The University of Leeds has come third in the UK in a major survey that asks students about their experience while studying.
- The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures at Leeds has been ranked 51st in the world by the QS World Rankings by Subject 2018.
- Jane Scott, constructed textile designer and Senior Teaching Fellow on BA Textile Design, has been invited to speak at The Other Way symposium at Central Saint Martins, London on Friday 2 February.
- Work by Joe Gilmore, Teaching Fellow on BA Graphic and Communications Design features in this year's Fedrigoni 365 calendar.
- 'Windows of Tolerance' is a project by artist Assel Kadyrkhanova studying the phenomenon of barred windows in former Soviet territories.
- We are delighted to be hosting an exhibition of works by Professor Fenghua Wang from Xi'an Academy of Fine Arts.
- School of Design hosts The 91st Textile Institute World Conference from 23 to 26 July 2018.