Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Textile Design student, Emma Ruth Kinnear, has published her own mindfulness colouring book in memory of her grandfather.
- Collagen Solutions recently acknowledged School of Design research into chronic wound care.
- MSc Textiles programme is accredited by the Society of Dyers and Colourists.
- Blond & Bieber, Berlin-based design studio, deliver their Talking Bodies workshop to twelve lucky School of Design students.
- Filippa Dobson's final PhD exhibition, hosted within School of Design, Clothworkers Central.
13th December — 14th December: Textile Training for Industry: Going Digital in Textile Printing - place, practicalities, potentialDigital printing (inkjet printing) in textiles is a growing area. Yet with a fully digitalised process, why is it not as simple as pressing the send to print button?
- This exhibition is the result of an exciting collaboration between the School of Design’s Yorkshire Fashion Archive (YFA) and the Woolmark Company.
- Małgorzata Dobrzyniecka - Kojder and Magdalena Kacperska from the Academy of Fine Arts, Lodz, Poland showcase their work exploring a visual method of conveying the principles governing painterly composition.