Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- Faye Hindle, Garment Technician, BA Fashion Technology Tutor and womenswear designer has won Best Designer and Overall Entrepreneur at Fashion Fiesta 2017 awards.
- We are currently seeking to appoint a qualified applicant for the full-time PhD studentship investigating pigment-additive interactions in synthetic emulsion materials.
- Art and Design graduates Miranda Jones and Lucy Davidson have been selected as finalists for FUAM Graduate Art Prize 2017 at University of Leeds.
- Work by artist Dr Judith Tucker, senior lecturer in the School of Design, has been selected for Contemporary Masters from Britain, a major survey show in China.
- Features 40 katagami, including stencils lent by the Museum of Domestic Design and Architecture (MoDa).
- Lecturer Deborah Gardner will be exhibiting her work Interweave at Bradford Industrial Museum from 10th May, as part of the Yorkshire Year of Textiles programme.
- This exhibition will explore the range of traditional printmaking techniques available in the School of Design print room.
- Join us for Expo17, our annual employability event for students at the Faculty of Arts Humanities and Cultures.