Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- In our latest Fashion Forum, Eric Musgrave explains the topics which every journalist at Drapers needs to keep in mind when a story hits their desk.
- Jane Scott's design research, which focuses on environmentally responsive, knitted textiles, has been shortlisted for an Autodesk ACADIA award.
- Fashion Design graduate and Digital Editor of Garage Magazine, Lewis Firth returned to campus to impart his experiences in our student Fashion Forum.
- Brand design agency, Elmwood set our Graphic and Communication Design students the brief, "Adapt or Die"
- Yorkshire Fashion Archive has teamed up with ULITA to look behind the scenes of the synthetics revolution with the aim of bringing the story of man-made fibres and how we interact with them to life.
- Gareth Griffiths, sculptor and School of Design technician hosts his exhibition looking into 3D printing and sculpture in the Foyer Gallery.
15th November — 1st December: Dialogue in Place: Volume III / Shifting Perspectives Joyce Lyon and Andrea ThomaDialogue in Place: Volume III / Shifting Perspectives is a collaborative project that has evolved from a dialogue between Joyce Lyon (University of Minnesota) and Andrea Thoma (School of Design, University of Leeds).
30th November, 11.00am — 4.00pm: Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures Postgraduate Research Open DayYou will find out about postgraduate opportunities in your chosen School and how the University can support your studies. During the event you will have an opportunity to explore our facilities, meet with staff and current research students and learn more about the application process and funding opportunities.