Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- In our second installment of career advice from a creative, we speak to Alec Dudson on this topic of internships.
- The event on the 1st of February focuses on fashion marketing and will see our very own Eleanor Snare passing on her pearls of wisdom.
- A short roundup of the Art and Design Open Studio event held at the School of Design on the 7th December.
- Textile Design student, Emma Ruth Kinnear, has published her own mindfulness colouring book in memory of her grandfather.
- This exhibition is the result of an exciting collaboration between the School of Design’s Yorkshire Fashion Archive (YFA) and the Woolmark Company.
- The postgraduate open day is a great way to find out more about the range of taught and research opportunities Leeds has to offer.
- Małgorzata Dobrzyniecka - Kojder and Magdalena Kacperska from the Academy of Fine Arts, Lodz, Poland showcase their work exploring a visual method of conveying the principles governing painterly composition.
- At the end of their second year, Art and Design students exhibit their work as part of an ‘Art Trail’ that takes place throughout the School of Design.