Professor Chris CarrHead of School
“Our School is dynamic, with a mindset to embrace and benchmark new concepts,visions and technologies for their quality, context and relevancy.”
- You are here:
- School of Design
Welcome to the School of Design
Our design philosophy is to unite creativity, technology, innovation and enterprise in order to realise ideas that have impact and exert influence. Our students become the 'added value' innovators who can utilise aesthetics and technology to generate creativity, concepts and products.
- The Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures at Leeds has been ranked 51st in the world by the QS World Rankings by Subject 2018.
- Jane Scott, constructed textile designer and Senior Teaching Fellow on BA Textile Design, has been invited to speak at The Other Way symposium at Central Saint Martins, London on Friday 2 February.
- Work by Joe Gilmore, Teaching Fellow on BA Graphic and Communications Design features in this year's Fedrigoni 365 calendar.
- A new temporary exhibition exploring the life and work of Mary Barker, the first woman to be accepted into the textile industries course at the University of Leeds.
- 'Windows of Tolerance' is a project by artist Assel Kadyrkhanova studying the phenomenon of barred windows in former Soviet territories.